Green, what does it mean to you?



What does GREEN symbolise to you?
To me it's linked straight away to sunlight giving its energy to create 'life':) I love the sunshine, and it means plants get to photosynthesize. Thus, spiritually it means 'life' or Protect our Earth:D => Liveliness. See you can also roll on the tarn, see photo by Wilf ;)

My 14-year-old cousin is packing his luggage for his Volleyball training in Taiwan. This trip, organised by his High School, is a compulsory training and these young men will have a friendly match with some of the schools in Taipei. The tricky part about this packing is, NO GREEN and also NO RED. (Green is pro- and Red is anti-). Simply becos of Taiwan's current political situation, he can't bring the RED backpack..., no green windbreaker, no green school uniform, no red shoebag:( aww....

Colours can be so sensitive.

I guess some of you who live in cities with the four-seasons climate are already experiencing Autumn, and Joensuu, East Finland is already snowing! Wow...however, I still wanna share some 'sunshine' elements with you...


Comments

Unknown said…
Nice green leaves and interesting information.
Green means lively or ecological for me.
Unknown said…
I like the comp. Green to me is money, which is typically pretty dirty. This looks fresh and clean....a great picture.
Unknown said…
Green means having solar power :-)

Yeah, my colleague had to avoid wearing certain colours while visiting Taipei a few weeks ago. It seems most primary colours belongs to one party.

I just linked my Vivocity post to yours, since you did such a good job on it. Saves me typing all the description :-)
Denton said…
Great photo and even better tie in to current events and life in Singapore, via your explanation ... An analogy might be the focus on colors during the World Cup. Of course then it was perfectly acceptable to show your support ... Green means new life to me ... Best wishes to your cousin.
Olivier said…
belle photo et merci pour le commentaire de ton post.
en france, le vert represente l'espoir.


beautiful photograph and thank you for the comment for tone post. in France, the green represents the hope.
Nathalie H.D. said…
This green is a beauty, what a fantastic picture. Green to me is nature, so it's a very positive image.

But I was amazed to read about the NO RED, NO GREEN story. Just incredible how ridiculous these things can get... let's hope relationships ease off a bit soon!

Popular posts from this blog

bougainvillea

Quiz 3 (Back by Popular demand;D)