bougainvillea



Bougainvillea is a genus of flowering plants native to the tropical and subtropical regions of South America from Brazil west to Peru and south to southern Argentina (Chubut Province). However, we also have it here in Singapore. Maybe they used to be 'presents' from these countries :D

at the point of taking this photo today, i chanced upon this particular bracts, which was strangely the one amongst the thousands and millions of chartreuse green leaves (they usually grow alot of bracts)

Zsolt made a video clip with beginning frames of this plant, if you are curious, you are welcome to take a look:)
In it you can also see my very first 'chasing the sunset' video captured in April

Comments

Shelly said…
I love Bougainvillea, I had one when I lived in Arizona. They can't survive our winters here. Also, I love your video. It is absolutely lovely, perfect music with it as well!
Zannnie said…
Hi Shelly, Thank you for your good feedback:D
Zsolt (pls see dp Budapest, Hungary) did the postproduction of this video and it was indeed very impressive:)

zannnie
Meg said…
I've nver looked at a single bougainvillea before - just en mass. How interesting!
Zannnie said…
Hi Meg,
yes i agree too, cos when i saw it, it was singly there, i can't help but took out my camera and shoot it:)

zannnie

Popular posts from this blog

Quiz 3 (Back by Popular demand;D)